Internet Booking Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you are unhappy with any aspect of these, then you should contact one of our customer service advisors by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing an order with us. These Terms and Conditions and your use of our web site are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
A Contract between the customer and Adventure Island for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted. This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights. Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice.
Height and all other ride restrictions apply.
Guests are admitted to the park subject to the park regulations which are displayed at the main entrance to the park, a copy of which is available on request.
See calendar for opening times.
Payment and Taxes
We accept online payment by credit/debit card in a secure environment provided by Pay360 Online Payments. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Delta and Maestro. All transactions are shown in £ sterling. All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
When you enter your credit card details if you look up at the URL of that page you will notice that it begins with https://. This means that it is on a Secure Server and all transactions that take place are encrypted between your browser and the server. Nobody is able to obtain your credit card details nor other information. Of equal importance is the security which surrounds the payment system. By making use of Pay360 we have the most sophisticated online trading system available. It allows us to safely process your credit card payment with the bank, and complete the financial transactions securely behind protected firewalls. No personal or financial details are left unencrypted on a remote server, and such details are never sent by internet email. For more details about Pay360 visit the Pay360 web site at www.pay360.com
Purchase of Individual Ride Bands: Customers purchasing online agree to the following:
To redeem Ride Bands at the park, you must present confirmation your purchase to the Cashier, clearly stating purchase number, along with your credit or debit card used for purchase.
Ride Bands selected are as indicated and stated on final cart page. Ride Bands are valid on any single open day in 2017 (please see our opening times), unless stated in an offer or promotion. Purchases made during 2017 will not be valid beyond 19th November 2017. No other promotional offer or discount can be used in conjunction with online band sales.. Total price indicated will be deducted from your chosen preferred debit or credit card.
Internet bookings are non refundable, however all bookings are valid from time of purchase throughout the same calendar year in which they are purchased and may be used at any time up to and including the last day of opening in the same calendar year.
Ride Bands purchased through this website cannot be used on the same calendar day of purchase.
Winter Mega Sale Offer: This offer is for a limited time only and the savings shown as illustration, are against in-park all day prices. All above terms and conditions apply.
Half Price Ride Bands from 6pm are not available to purchase online.
Upgrade or downgrading of Ride Bands
Ride Bands purchased online can be changed on the day of your visit to another Ride Band. Ie: a Blue Ride Band can be changed to a Red Ride Band or Green Ride Band. Ride Bands purchased for individuals beyond their height (ie: A Blue Ride Band purchased for a rider under 1.2 metres tall) will be changed for a lower height Ride Band (ie: Green Ride Band) with the appropriate difference in price refunded. Ride Bands that have been purchased under their height can be upgraded to a higher Ride Band at the Ride Band Sales Office with the difference in price paid. At the point of Band fitting, riders who qualify for a larger band will be given the option by the Sales Host to upgrade at extra cost. Upgrades and Downgrades of Ride Bands can only be undertaken at the point of redemption of your booking at the Ride Band Sales Office.
Upgrades to attractions : Unlimited Dodgems, Sealife Adventure Aquarium. These upgrades can be purchased at the point of purchase online at the discount price as indicated. These are Ride Band upgrades and can only be purchased with a Ride Band. Upgrades purchased online without a Ride Band purchase, will require you purchasing a Ride Band on your arrival at the Sales Office. The price of the Ride Bands will be the normal park price.
Meal vouchers are only valid with a wristband purchase, and must be redeemed on the same day as the wristband.
Sea Life Adventure combination purchases must be redeemed at Adventure Island admissions during park opening hours and used at the centre on the same day. Children under the height of 90cm enter Sea Life Adventure free! All guests aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult/guardian at all times during their visit to the centre.
List of rides indicated for each band is subject to change, temporary closure or exclusion with no prior warning.
The management reserve the right to withdraw or alter any of the facilities, prices or advertised items, at any time without prior notice. Guests are also informed that rides and attractions may be closed, temporarily withdrawn or otherwise unavailable at any time due to technical or operational reasons, power failure, capacity or inclement weather.
All Ride Bands are sold on the strict understanding that they are non-transferable. Once removed Ride Bands will become invalid. All Ride Bands are sold with the full understanding of usage and conditions.
No refunds will be given for earlier than advertised closing for reasons such as inclement weather, power failure or any situation beyond the control of Adventure Island.
Ride Bands do not include ‘Pay as you Play’ rides and attractions ie: Dodgems. Formula A.I. Karting, Adventure Golf, Prize Arcades, Coin operated Kiddie Rides, Sideshows and Games.
Adventure Island Annual Pass Terms & Conditions
By purchasing one of the varieties of Adventure Island Annual Pass listed in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions (“Annual Pass”) you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of use. These Terms and Conditions are inherent characteristics of every Annual Pass and are independent from and can not be varied by any other contract relating to an Annual Pass. Purchase and use of an Annual Pass is in accordance with the regulations of Adventure Island, copies of which can be obtained online at www.adventureisland.co.uk, please ensure that you agree to be bound by these regulations before purchasing your Annual Pass.
ADVENTURE ISLAND ANNUAL PASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
An Annual Pass will only be valid when it is used by the named holder, it links with a photograph on our database which must be a true likeness of the holder and it is within the validity period. Photocopies of an Annual Pass will not be accepted. Any use or attempted use of an annual pass in breach of these terms and conditions or Adventure Island’s regulations will result in the Annual Pass being revoked without compensation. For the avoidance of doubt, Pass sharing is a breach of these terms and conditions and any attempted use of an Annual Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of reason, will result in the purchase being refused and the Annual Pass being revoked without compensation to any person including the named holder.
1. The varieties of Annual Pass available for purchase are:
1.1 Blue Big Adventure Band Annual Pass (designed for guests over 1.2 metres tall); and
1.2 Green Junior Band Annual Pass (designed for guests between 1 metre and 1.2 metres tall); and
1.3 Red Mini Band Annual Pass (designed for guests under 1 metre tall).
2. As specified below, these Terms and Conditions will apply to the various types of Annual Pass.
3. The Annual Pass is valid for one Adventure Island ride wristband per open day on the park’s calendar, with a 20% discount on selected purchases at the following Stockvale Group attractions: Adventure Island, Sealife Adventure, Three Shells, Pavilion, Feelgoods, Sands.
4. Each Annual Pass holder will be issued his or her own Annual Pass and will be required to supply the following:
4.1 their first name and surname;
4.2 their date of birth;
4.3 their residential address;
4.4 a contact telephone number;
4.5 a contact email address; and
4.6 a photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder. This photograph will be captured by a member of the Adventure Island team at the time of enrolment.
5. The purchaser of an Annual Pass must be 16 years or over (and if purchasing an Annual Pass on behalf of a minor the Purchaser confirms that he/she is acting as agent for and on behalf of that minor and that the minor fully understands and agrees to these Terms and Conditions).
6. An Annual Pass entitles the purchaser to Adventure Island ride wristbands (limited to one per day) for a period of 12 months from the date of issue and is subject to the operating calendars of the park and any applicable exclusion dates. The ‘valid from’ and ‘valid until’ dates will be stored in our Annual Pass database when issued. Please check Adventure Island opening and closing dates before your visit. Please note that the park is not open all year.
7. Purchase of a Carer Annual Pass is subject to proof of disability for example by production of a doctor’s letter setting out the disability, proof of receipt of disability living allowance or a disabled parking badge. The Carer Pass may only be used by the designated carer when accompanying a disabled Annual Pass holder. Use of the Carer Pass in breach of the Terms and Conditions will result in the Carer Pass being revoked without compensation. For the avoidance of doubt, Carer Pass holders will be required to supply the details listed in clause 4.
8. The Stockvale Group, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of Adventure Island and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the rides, events or facilities within the park for any reason including, but not being limited to technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons, inclement weather or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Annual Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the park becomes unavailable or if any part of the park is closed.
9. An Annual Pass is subject to additional charges for entry into:
9.1 any concerts taking place at Adventure Island;
9.2 any themed and/or special events taking place at Adventure Island;
9.3 all Christmas event openings;
9.4 secondary attractions at Adventure Island including, but not limited to, Dodgems, Formula AI Karting, Adventure Golf; and
9.5 any other event as determined by The Stockvale Group from time to time.
10. To use an Annual Pass, the authorised holder must present it at the admissions office of Adventure Island.
11. All Annual Passes remain the property of The Stockvale Group and can be withdrawn at any time. Annual Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party. An Annual Pass will automatically be deemed void and shall be revoked without compensation if sold, loaned or given away or if any attempt is made to sell, loan or give away an Annual Pass. Access will be denied to Adventure Island in the event of fraud or misuse of the Annual Pass, and the Annual Pass will be withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate in the absolute discretion of The Stockvale Group. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorised or improper access to Adventure Island with an Annual Pass of which they are not the valid holder. For the avoidance of doubt no refund will be given in such circumstances.
12. An Annual Pass that is discovered to have been purchased through illegal methods will be revoked without compensation.
13. Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to Adventure Island. The management of Adventure Island, acting reasonably, reserves the right to refuse admission to the park for any reason and at any time.
14. Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to Adventure Island during peak times.
15. Entry to Adventure Island by use of an Annual Pass will not be permitted in the event that a valid Annual Pass cannot be presented for any reason, including, but not being limited to, the Annual Pass being lost, stolen or forgotten. Failure to present a valid Annual Pass will result in a charge of the “on the day” admission rate, which will be non-refundable.
16. A lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass should be reported to Adventure Island immediately. Contact details can be found on the Adventure Island website (www.adventureisland.co.uk).
17. In the event of a lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass, The Stockvale Group will re-issue a replacement Annual Pass. Replacement Annual Passes will only be issued to the individual whose details have been provided in accordance with clause 4. An administration fee will be charged for the re-issue of each lost or damaged Annual Pass. The re-issue of stolen Annual Passes will also be subject to the re-issue fee unless the holder can provide The Stockvale Group with a relevant crime reference number when requesting that the Annual Pass is re-issued.
18. Unless stated otherwise, an Annual Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any other offer, discount or retail/restaurant incentive, or wristband upgrades including
but not limited to £3.50 Sealife Entry and £5 Dodgems Upgrade.
18.1 Unless stated otherwise, Annual Passes cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other offer including but not limited to Tesco Clubcard vouchers; online winter sales; and the student discount scheme.
19. Refunds are not available in any circumstances. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
20. Annual Passes can be used up to and including the ‘valid until’ date.
21. The Stockvale Group reserves the right to use Annual Pass holder’s details to contact them in relation to service information, including, but not being limited to, information about changes to these Terms and Conditions of use, expiry and/or renewal reminders. The Stockvale Group also reserves the right to use Annual Pass holder’s details for marketing purposes for its products and events or in relation to any initial public offering (IPO) announcement made by The Stockvale Group unless that Annual Pass holder has opted out of receiving such information.
If you wish to opt out of receiving such information at any time please contact us by email via email@example.com or by post at Adventure Island, Western Esplanade, Southend on Sea, Essex SS1 1EE.
23. The Stockvale Group is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Annual Pass at any time and for any reason and may from time to time offer pricing or promotional offers at Adventure Island, online, via telephone or through third party channels. Adventure Island also reserves the right to alter or change discounts given on annual passes at any time.
24. The Stockvale Group reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions by giving Annual Pass holders no less than 30 days’ written notice of such variation by using the details provided in accordance with clause 4.
25. On the presentation of an Annual Pass, Annual Pass holders may receive discounts and/or benefits from third parties. Such third parties are subject to change. The Stockvale Group is entitled to remove and/or withdraw any or all third party discounts and/or benefits in its absolute discretion at any time and for any reason.
26. Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. Some rides will require visitors under certain height requirements to be accompanied by a person aged 14 years or over.
For more details about the Adventure Island Annual Pass please visit
For more details about Adventure Island please visit www.adventureisland.co.uk
ADVENTURE ISLAND – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
In these terms and conditions of entry, the following definitions shall apply:
Attraction: ADVENTURE ISLAND, Western Esplanade, Southend-on-Sea SS1 1EE;
Stockvale/Us/We/Our: Stockvale Limited (Company No. 01253715) whose registered office address is at 9 Nelson Street, Southend On Sea, Essex, SS1 1EH;
You are admitted to the Attraction subject to the following terms and conditions. If you do not comply with them you may be removed from the Attraction by Stockvale personnel, security or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we may have against you or arising out of your actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by our personnel or any third party instructed on our behalf. Stockvale, reserves the right to vary these terms at any time without prior notice. By entering the Attraction, you accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Attraction should behave in a safe manner at all times.
For health and safety reasons, wheelchairs and mobility scooters are the only transport devices permitted within the Attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, hoverboards and/or any similar devices are not permitted within the Attraction.
- Our commitment to provide a service:
We will endeavour to ensure that as many rides and attractions as possible are available for use by guests at the Attraction. However, we reserve the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Attraction’s operating hours. Stockvale in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Stockvale reasonably considers the circumstances so require.
- Our right to remove you:
Stockvale, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction, or remove from the Attraction without any right to a refund any person whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff or who: acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Attraction whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to us by a reliable independent source; or uses violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour or in any way behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or any other buildings at the Attraction; enters or attempts to enter any part of the Attraction which is a restricted or prohibited area as determined by Stockvale including, ride areas, workshops and changing rooms. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings or prosecute any person who: is found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, exhibits, fabrics or buildings at the Attraction; or has displayed any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting; or has previously acted in any manner which has caused any person to report that individual to Stockvale; or is attempting to regain admission to the Attraction or has been found inside the Attraction without a valid ticket/wristband; or has purchased or obtained any tickets/wristbands or discount vouchers from a ticket tout or Stockvale reasonably believes that they have purchased a ticket/wristband from an unauthorised source. If any guest in breach of any of these conditions is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at Stockvale’s discretion, be denied entry or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
THE ATTRACTION IS PRIVATE PROPERTY. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid ticket/wristband. The sale of tickets/vouchers/wristbands by anyone other than Stockvale is strictly prohibited. Promotional offers, vouchers and other applicable discounts cannot be used on Bank Holidays unless with Stockvales’ consent. Only persons authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within the Attraction grounds. All tickets/wristbands are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value. Tickets/wristbands purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket/wristband. Tickets/wristbands may not be valid for special events or concerts which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets/wristbands will only be exchanged or refunded if Stockvale, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked tickets/wristbands are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these conditions. Non-dated tickets/wristbands booked in advance do not guarantee admission to the Attraction, especially during busy times or on specific days when there are special events. Tickets/wristbands booked online will be delivered in accordance with our delivery procedure. If tickets/wristbands are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these terms and conditions are complied with by each person in the group. If re-entry into the Attraction is required, an appropriate hand-stamp or ticket/wristband must be obtained before exiting the Attraction, which must be shown at the time of re-entry to regain access. Tickets/wristbands must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Stockvale. No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Stockvale reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
- Your behaviour:
Unnecessary noise or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other guests or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction. Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited other than in the designated smoking areas identified on the park map. All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and any other facilities located at the Attraction must only be used in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s or operator’s instructions which may include restrictions in relation to users’ height, weight and size.
- Your dress & appearance must be suitable for a family attraction:
You must wear appropriate clothing (including a top and shoes) at all times whilst at the Attraction. If you are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, you will be refused entry or removed from the Attraction. Stilettos and loose clothing are not allowed on some rides due to health and safety reasons.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being brought into the Attraction, you are admitted to the Attraction subject to the condition that, if requested to do so, you will allow yourself and/or your belongings to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or affect the enjoyment of other guests is strictly prohibited. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund and we reserve the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution. The consumption of intoxicating liquor is permitted only in authorised places within the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor may not be brought into the Attraction except with the express permission of Stockvale and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attraction or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs (including, but not limited to, laughing gas) are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attraction by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that you do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
Pets of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Attraction and, for the avoidance of doubt, should not be left in any vehicle parked at the Attraction. We reserve the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any pets that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the Attraction provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. You are prohibited from taking photographs and/or recordings whilst on any ride and/or attraction. Please note that harnessed or fixed cameras including, but not limited to, GoPro or similar brands are not allowed on any ride and/or attraction in any circumstances. By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that Stockvale may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to, or infringe the privacy of, other guests and/or staff. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction. From time to time Stockvale or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, and you therefore agree that Stockvale or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Stockvale or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- Our Liability
Stockvale accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by you as a result of any event outside our control (including any distress, inconvenience, anxiety or loss of enjoyment arising from the evacuation of the Attraction). This does not affect your statutory rights.