Trainee Displays Team Member (Aquarist/Mammals/tropical house)
Sealife Adventure is the south-east’s number one premier aquarium. Situated in Southend, and owned by the Stockvale group of companies, Sealife Adventure is home to an array of stunning animals and boasts over 70 beautiful displays.
About the Job
Trainee position with promotion to full displays team member upon completion of Sealife Adventure Training. We are looking for someone who is passionate about caring for all types of taxa including mammals, birds, aquatic animals, inverts and reptiles to join our dedicated team.
This exciting position will involve carrying out husbandry duties for all the creatures in our care, helping to maintain our various life support systems and helping to develop our displays – you may get the opportunity to make a lasting impact on Sealife Adventure by creating entirely new exhibits.
This job will be hard work! So you will need to have a strong work ethic, with a passion and dedication for your job. A flexible approach to working hours is essential.
(A full job description is available upon request)
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone with;
• A background in caring for collections/displays within an aquarium and/or animals within a zoological collection.
• Experience of working with LSS within an aquarium.
• A qualification in Marine Biology/Animal Husbandry or similar would be an advantage, but opportunities for training and professional development are available for the right candidate.
• The ability to be very personable and able to communicate well with our visitors. You will be responsible for furthering our conservations efforts through educational talks, as well talking to visitors as you go about your general duties around the aquarium. It’s essential that you are just as confident working front of house as you are working behind the scenes.
• The ability to work well within a team and be self-motivated when working alone.
As a Displays team member at Sealife Adventure you will also have access to a range of company benefits, including;
• Discounted entry at Adventure Island and discounts at a range of food outlets in Adventure Island.
• Discounts food from our Three Shells restaurant and Outpost outlet at Sealife Adventure
• Benefits that come with being a team member of a BIAZA accredited collection.
• Discounted entry for family and friends to Sealife adventure
• Staff discounts within our gift shop
• Working with a fantastic husbandry team who are passionate, enthusiastic, caring and dedicated!
How to Apply
If you want to become one of the key members of the team at Sealife Adventure, then please send your CV with a covering letter to the Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 15th March 2020.
Your application letter should highlight why you would be able to fulfil this key role within the organisation and clearly demonstrate how you meet our requirements.
We do recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position. However we do receive a high volume of applications and endeavour to do our upmost to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.